The Planet That Wears Its Heart on Its Face

Friday, February 3, 2012

Pluto Rising Privacy Paradox

As you may have surmised by now, I have Pluto Rising. I do not shy away from the so-called dark side of existence, engage in a fair amount of profanity and perversity, and try to bring order out of chaos.

Pluto on the Ascendant is supposed to be the signature of a Highly Private Person. If the Ascendant is one's front door, mine presumably should lack a "Welcome" mat; more fitting would be a sign that reads "I'd Turn Back if I Were You" or simply "Go the Fuck Away."

However, I tend to get highly personal in many of my posts. While part of this self-exposure may have been due to Neptune's fourteen-year transit of Aquarius (see my first post of today), it's still perplexing to me. After all, I have a journal. I could write my deepest, darkest, dorkiest thoughts in it instead of here.

Here is what I have realized: I am not "above it all," and do not pretend to be. I definitely have a mystical streak; I have embraced the art of astrology for over twenty years. But I do not live in a cave apart from humanity (though sometimes I would like to do just that). I am an introvert, yet still crave meaningful connections with people, whether face-to-face or via this blog or a published poem or a performance. Planetary transits affect me just as profoundly as they do you. So my sharing may go against the Pluto Rising grain (and let's not even get into my Moon in Scorpio desire for secrecy and mystery), but if even one person reading one of my sad, mad, bad posts feels less alone or freaky as a result, I am doing part of my job as an astrological healer.

For astrology is indeed healing. As screwed up as I can feel, I know that I'd be much worse off if I didn't know my natal chart and the current transits. One of the most important tenets of astrology (which separates astrologers from astronomers) is "As above, so below." Astrology is not a crutch; it's an ever-changing map or blueprint. Knowing that I have Pluto Rising does not give me a license to be a lawless, ruthless asshole; it does, however, give me an excellent opportunity to study all traits associated with Pluto and become the best Plutonian possible. If it takes me the rest of this incarnation, that is what I intend to do. The examined life truly is the only one worth living.

Pardon my multiple postings of today, but Plutonians can get a bit obsessive at times....

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Dear T.C.
    I like you and your privacy.
    I thank you for sharing it with us.
    You are not alone as I have the same Pluto situation
    Just keep on seeing clear all the way-everything will be fine
    Neptune will do all good to your golden heart and all of Cancer truth you are..so swim to the other shore, you are almost there..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. Trying to groove with "it's the journey, not the destination," but rest stops are good...

      Delete