The Planet That Wears Its Heart on Its Face

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sun-Uranus Conjunction in Aries: Le Freak, C'est Chic

Truth be told, Dear Readers, I'm not feeling the "chic" part of "freak." Indeed, I'm barely keeping it (i.e., myself) together under this powerful conjunction between the Sun and Uranus, exact at 2:21 p.m. BEST (Brooklyn Early Springtime). I am literally shaking, and fixating even more than usual on the meaning of various relationships, both past and present (the conjunction falls in my 7th house of partnership). The conjunction at 4 degrees of Aries also happens to occur within 1 degree of opposing my natal Uranus; if I were feeling stable or mellow right now, I might have to call into question the accuracy of astrology.

Uranus is many things, but calm and laid-back it ain't. I only wish that I could channel the more positive qualities of this planet (brilliant, reform-minded, metaphorically color blind) instead of basically spazzing out and feeling as if my head contains a lightning storm instead of a brain.

The Sun-Uranus conjunction, which has been effect since the Vernal Equinox on the 20th, is also manifesting (at least in my neck of the woods) in a freakishly early spring. The trees are exploding with lacey, fragrant blossoms, which stirs the artsy aesthete in me at the same time I dread an equally premature high pollen count that will send me running for the shelter of Zyrtecland.

This conjunction definitely encourages individualism and breakthroughs concerning who you are (as opposed to what you feel, think, want, believe, fear, do, or dream). You are far more likely to put yourself first and seek your own freedom now; this may not be such a bad thing if you tend to be a doormat or keep pushing your own needs under a rug. Just look both ways before you cross the street into another dimension, and also be prepared to walk the walk if you talk the talk, for others will be quick to call your bluff if they detect you are growing a beak and feathers. Remember that for better or worse, everyone is going through this conjunction today.

It is also worth keeping in mind that Mercury is still retrograde and has slipped back into flip-flopping Pisces, which increases the likelihood of having second thoughts or simply not knowing what you really think. Also, Mars is still retrograde in Virgo, which may also inhibit your taking direct action on the New You you so much want to become.

Uranus is impatient, but it is also oriented toward the future. If you do not burst into outrageous bloom today, there is always tomorrow...and tomorrow, as John Lennon put it so well back in the revolutionary '60s, never knows.

1 comment:

  1. Yes,That is exactly how I feel, wanting to open the door for "myself first" and suffering with it in the same time wondering and wondering,Mercury retrograde is making it so hard...
    It is like being left behind..
    You accuracy is undeniable.
    Best regards,
    Maja.

    ReplyDelete